Why go with Firefly Photo?
At Firefly, Tim and Erica really want to go the extra mile for you. Here’s why you should choose us over the competition:
- This is Our Full Time Gig: It’s not just a hobby. Rely on us to give you our full attention.
- We’re Friendly: Most people don’t think about this when hiring a photographer, but we really try to make your photography experience as enjoyable as possible so that you’ll like the resulting pictures even more!
- We Only Do One Wedding per Weekend: We’ll save our energy by making sure we only shoot one wedding per weekend – yours!
- We’ve Done This a Few Times: We’re experienced shooting weddings, couples, solo portraits, families, kids, babies, maternity, commercial photos and more.
- Lots of Products: Taking weddings as an example, we won’t just give you a disc of images and dash – on top of giving you colour corrected images, we give you stuff like web sized versions, an online gallery for easy sharing, a DVD slideshow, and options for brilliant albums.
- Brilliant Albums: Did we mention our awesome albums? Our hardcover, lay flat binding, image-wrapped albums are individually designed just for you. Book an interview with us to check them out in person!
- Constant Improvement: We know we’ll never stop learning. There’s always something new, so we continually improve on our skills with online training videos by the super pros, photography workshops, and working with other professional photographers.
- Strength in Numbers: We have strong relationships with other professional photographers. In the very unlikely case that we can’t do your shoot and it can’t wait, we can replace ourselves.
- More than Just a Fancy Camera: On top of the fancy cameras we have fancy lighting gear. By combining natural light with our extremely portable flashes, we can put you in the best light. Plus our gear is as portable as it comes so it won’t slow down the shoot.
- Backup Gear: We have extra stuff so that we can keep shooting if one piece of gear packs it in.
- Fusion: Go beyond photos with Fusion. Think of Fusion as a video slideshow overlaid with audio and video snippets. Imagine watching your wedding slideshow and hearing your vows and what your family and friends said at the reception.
- Video: Need video too? No problem, we have great working relationships with a few of the best videographers in the lower mainland.
A Brief History of Firefly
In 2003, Tim got in on the ground floor of digital photography with one of the first affordable digital SLRs around: the original Canon Digital Rebel. He has been gripped by a desire to make better and better pictures ever since.
Instead of going the traditional academic route, Tim took a hands-on approach by investing the money he might have spent on photography school into gear. He trained with online video classes, workshops, and by working with accomplished professional photographers.
Since then, Tim has photographed weddings, couples, family, portraits, maternity, baby, commercial, dance, school, sports, scenic, and more. In 2006 he started doing weddings as his first paid gigs and still enjoys the rewarding challenge of making fabulous wedding photos the most.
In 2009, Tim’s day job closed down and left him without work. He found the Douglas College Self Employment program and after filling some of the business-oriented gaps in his knowledge founded Firefly Photo.
Fate decided that Tim would meet Erica through a friend and fellow pro photographer while he attended the Self Employment Program and they have been inseparable ever since. Erica came with Tim to help photograph a wedding in June 2009 and has been at almost every wedding since. She proved invaluable to Tim and has been assisting him with weddings and all sorts of other shoots ever since.
Tim + Erica make a fun and friendly team sure to make you smile.
What’s in the bag?
We shoot Nikon and edit on MacBook Pros (with big screens attached).
Once upon a time we shot with Canon and used PC’s heavily too.
For the curious, in the bag we’ve got on a regular basis:
- Nikon D300s & D7000 camera bodies
- Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5, 24-70 f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 Lenses
- 2 Nikon SB-900s & 2 Nikon SB-600s (flashes)
- Light stands, umbrellas, a soft box, a reflector, and gels for the flashes
- Advil, lozenges and tissues
- Stuff we may have rented for your photo shoot
- And much more!
Why did you call it Firefly Photo?
- The Firefly has many symbolic meanings that are endearing to Photography and to Tim. Here are a few:
- New Ideas
- Also, Tim & Erica love the show of the same name. :P.
Q & A’s
- Where are you located? Beautiful Port Coquitlam, British Columbia.
- How far can you travel for a photo shoot? We can travel as far as you need most of the time. For example, we are set up to do destination wedding photography. Additional travel charges will probably apply anywhere outside of the Lower Mainland of British Columbia.
- Are you free for our wedding day? Contact us and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Using Our Website
This website was designed to be informative and helpful. Visit often for new content. Follow us on Twitter to be alerted to new articles, offers and more!
This site (and most sites) run best on Firefox, Safari, or Chrome web browsers. If you aren’t having the best web experience with Internet Explorer, give one of those a try and you may be pleasantly surprised.